Saturday 4 August 2012

July doorstops

I've been struggling for time for crafty stuff recently, but have managed a few more doorstops, including adding a chicken and a dog to the collection.


I had been asked to make a duck and decided that I should really try a chicken as well as they are similar shapes.  I love them, they have such cute faces, the two-tone felt makes each chcicken a bit more individual and the dangly legs make them great for sitting on the edge of shelves.






Duckie making friends in his new home


I also had a request for a dog - it took a bit of time to develop the pattern, especially sorting the nose out.  But I'm really pleased with how it has turned out.  I added a bit of chain stitch embroidery to decorate the ears and body.  I'm sure this will develop as I make more in plain fabric, I think it makes them a bit more interesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment